At GVC, we are happy to host Work Placement Students and support local schools as part of our commitment to education. However, demand for places is high and to help support a mutually positive experience we are committed to:
- Only accepting one student at any time (and a maximum of two students per academic term)
- Only accepting students who have a demonstrable passion for animal welfare, healthcare and the pet care industry
- In return, providing the very best experience for all accepted student candidates.
If you wish to be considered as a GVC Student Work Placement, you will need to evidence a self-motivated and proactive approach as well as meeting the below criteria;
- Inquisitive, curious and a seeker of experience
- Passionate about pets and all things animal
- When you’re doing what you love, you just love what you’re doing!
- Polite, positive and engaging
- Happy when learning
- Able to turn your phone off for at least 60 (consecutive) minutes
- Over the age of 16
We expect interested students to have plenty of great things going on both in and out of school with a healthy interest in the natural world, the future and an ambition to make a difference.
If you would like to apply for The GVC Student Work Placement Program, then please (and in your own words) send a summary of your school achievements, subjects and grades with a cover letter explaining why you and GVC will make the perfect team. Successful applications will be invited for interview.
Applications must be received a minimum six weeks prior to the requested Student Work Placement dates, please note that late applications will not be considered.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org