German Veterinary Clinic (GVC) in Abu Dhabi is searching for an animal loving, certified* positive reinforcement trainer (and champion) who has a confident, enthusiastic, compassionate and dynamic personality to either join or collaborate with Dr Katrin and the GVC Pet Behaviour Service team.
Dr Katrin would like to meet exceptional individuals who have the knowledge, ambition and attributes to complement the Pet Behaviour team as a Supportive Canine & Feline Trainer.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A desire to have a positive impact on the lives of pets!
- A recognized certificate/qualification and demonstrable experience in ethology based positive reinforcement training methods (*e.g. Karen Pryor Academy/Sarah Whitehead “Clever Dog Academy” or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills with an empathetic understanding of client needs and the education requirements within this field
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively manage their time
- A strong “team player” attitude (who is also happy to train independently when needed)
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A willingness to work outside office hours when required
- Fluent English
- A UAE (or equivalent for conversion) Driving License with experience in both manual and automatic vehicles.
If you meet each of the above criteria, then in return GVC can offer:
- The chance to help improve the mental and emotional health and wellbeing of the UAE’s pets!
- A great working environment and the opportunity to be part of a passionate and motivated team!
- A hugely rewarding role that offers long term development within a Fear Free, ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly and Investors In People organisation!
- The very real prospect of being part of a positive change to the pet care industry in the region!
- And a very good benefits package!
Please note that based on the nature of the role and the expectation of the suitable individual’s essential education and experience we are keen to meet with applicants who are both already here in the UAE and those who are living in UK, Europe, US and Oceania… and who are willing to relocate to the UAE.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a brief summary of why you can make a difference to the lives of pets to email@example.com
Only applicants who meet the listed criteria will be considered.