GVC is extremely proud to be the first clinic in the Middle East to receive and maintain the prestigious International Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic award.
Being a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic means we are cat specialists and offer an exceptionally high standard of care:
- Cat-only waiting areas to reduce stress
- Cat-friendly pheromones in our cat waiting areas help your cat feel comfortable
- Cat consulting room to help your cat feel at ease
- Cat trees to help your cat feel less vulnerable
- Cat-only hospital and isolation wards
- Specialist feline equipment including anaesthetic monitoring devices, surgical instrumentation, diagnostic tools and ICU recovery oxygen tents
For us though, being cat-friendly means far more. At GVC we recognize that your cat has very specific emotional and physical needs. We feel very passionately that cats require a calm and stress-free environment in which to receive treatment, heal, and recuperate.
Our staff are trained in the special art of how to handle cats and can give your cat the time it needs to relax and feel comfortable. Our cat specialist vets have additional qualifications in Feline Medicine and are very knowledgeable about feline illness and disease. Our Head Nurse Nora has also completed an Advanced Feline Nursing Diploma course, so you can feel reassured that your cat is in safe hands from the moment you walk through our doors.
The Cat Friendly Clinic Award is a worldwide accreditation system for veterinary clinics which demonstrate excellence in cat care and feline medicine. Awarded by the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM), Cat Friendly Clinics must meet rigorous standards, and have outstanding cat-friendly facilities and equipment, as well as demonstrate continuous staff development and progress in alignment with the latest insights into cat care.
As a Gold Award recipient, GVC has demonstrated that we are at the forefront of the veterinary field in cat care and have achieved the ISFM’s highest standards.